/usr/pkg/etc/xen/scripts/qemu-ifup ?

Trying to start a hvm domU with a network interface fails.  Well, it
doesn't fail, but nothing much happens: the domain is created but
doesn't run, and qemu-dm leaves a zombie process behind.

in /var/log/xen/qemu*.log I find an error:
 /usr/pkg/etc/xen/scripts/qemu-ifup: No such file or directory

I tried making it an empty script (just "#!/bin/sh\nexit 0") and that
got me a domain starting, with a NIC in it, but no apparent
connectivity (0 packets recvd). I also tried adding the tap(4) device
that gets created to the bridge, with no further result.

What should be in this script?

--
Dan.