Subject: Re: fxp0 issues
To: None <port-xen@netbsd.org>
From: Kimi Ostro <kimimeister@gmail.com>
List: port-xen
Date: 11/13/2006 14:49:29
Hi,

On 13/11/06, Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org> wrote:

> This could be an interrupt issue; I notice in the dmesg that ACPI thinks
> the ioapic is misconfigured. Could you try a plain i386 kernel,
> with and without ACPI ?
> Or try a Xen kernel without ACPI and ioapic, and add
> noapic acpi=off
> to the Xen boot parameters in grub

None of these options produced a "working" fxp for me, I still gets
fxp0: device timeout

GENERIC dmesg: http://pastebin.com/823290
GENERIC.MPACPI dmesg: http://pastebin.com/823291

I did manage to get fxp to work with dhclient but fxp seems to "die".

I can see packets if I use tcpdump, yet if I bridge it, the DomUs
packets seem to go no where, also I cannot ssh in to any of the DomUs?
I can when I bridge via vr0.

So I do not know if the device timeout is related??

> --
> Manuel Bouyer, LIP6, Universite Paris VI.           Manuel.Bouyer@lip6.fr
>      NetBSD: 26 ans d'experience feront toujours la difference
> --

Thanks

--
Kimi