Subject: Re: Xen not working anymore
To: Pierrick Brossin <pierrick@bs-network.net>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-xen
Date: 11/08/2006 19:48:31
On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 05:17:28PM +0100, Pierrick Brossin wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 05:08:23PM +0100, Pierrick Brossin wrote:
> > When I run Xend my puter reboots. I can't see any message.
>
> I've done it again today. I can see two lines talking of xenstore. Then
> it reboots.
>
> No way to debug ?

Well, the canonical way to debug Xen is via the serial console. If you don't
have a legacy serial port it won't be easy. You could try to pass
noreboot to xen.gz on the command line. You could also try vga=keep (never
tried this one; maybe you have to tell console=ttyS0 to the netbsd/Xen kernel
when using vga=keep).

What kind of system is it ? Maybe it's documented to have issues with e.g.
memory regions exported by BIOS. If so, you can also try to play with
mem=xxx on the Xen command line (see
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/research/srg/netos/xen/readmes/user/user.html#SECTION04130000000000000000
for details)

--