Subject: Re: Xen and Raidframe
To: Greg Oster <oster@cs.usask.ca>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: port-xen
Date: 11/05/2006 12:13:50
On Sat, Nov 04, 2006 at 12:18:35PM -0600, Greg Oster wrote:
> Thor Lancelot Simon writes:
> >
> > I think this is a poor choice.  You are at the mercy of any of several kinds
> > of bugs in RAIDframe which might cause it to misbehave when its strategy
> > routing is called from xbd (I've seen more than one; vnd was specifically
> > retooled to be safe this way)
>
> Which bugs would these be, and do you have PR#'s?

I was thinking of kern/30233 in particular.  I thought at the time you said
there were probably other reasons why RAIDframe's strategy was not interrupt
safe.  But it looks like 30233 is closed, and if that's all there is, great!

I still think coupling domU configuration to the dom0 disklabel is a poor
idea.

Thor