Re: domU console goes out to lunch

On Sunday 29 October 2006 13:40, Jonathan A. Kollasch wrote:
> I've been testing out 4.99.3 dom[0U] on 3.0.3 and am having
> an oddity I can't really explain.  Sometimes while I have a
> console open to a domU, it will seem to fall into some sort
> of loop (flickering cursor at column 0).  I can ^] out of
> it, but I can't successfully re-open it.

Similar problem here. CPU usage of domU is reported at 100% and the initial
instance of the problem is presented with continual beeping when attempting
to console a domU (on my linux kernel with the pc speaker compiled in at
least).

It seems to only occur when I have a corrupt terminal. So long as I ensure the
terminal is clean before reconnecting, I don't seem to have the problem. I
can't  definitively say it is the terminal though and even then, you would
expect the console to catch any exceptions and report, not loop. So there is
definitely something funny going on.

Sarton