Subject: domU console goes out to lunch
To: None <port-xen@NetBSD.org>
From: Jonathan A. Kollasch <jakllsch@kollasch.net>
List: port-xen
Date: 10/28/2006 21:40:56
--jI8keyz6grp/JLjh

Hi,

I've been testing out 4.99.3 dom[0U] on 3.0.3 and am having
an oddity I can't really explain.  Sometimes while I have a
console open to a domU, it will seem to fall into some sort
of loop (flickering cursor at column 0).  I can ^] out of
it, but I can't successfully re-open it. `xm console $domain`
hangs, a xenconsole process is stuck in ttyopn state in top.
When I SIGTERM it, I get a:

xenconsole: Could not open tty `/dev/ttyp1': Interrupted system call

Additionally, xm list shows this domain's run time increasing at
(to the best I can tell with the slowness of Python on a
200MHz Pentium Pro (well, the box does have two of them, like
that makes a difference)) at about real time, despite having no
CPU-bound processes in it.

Any way to find out what's causing this?

	Jonathan Kollasch

--jI8keyz6grp/JLjh

--jI8keyz6grp/JLjh--