Re: NetBSD/xen kernel failures?

On 20 Oct 2006, at 13:49, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 08:18:46PM +0200, Juan RP wrote:
On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 20:16:19 +0200
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> wrote:

I already noticed that grub has troubles reading ffs in some
circunstances (it  fails to find the file, or loads the wrong
blocks). What parameters do you have for / ? I suspect for a working
grub, you need a 8k/1k block/fragment size, ffsv1 only.

Looks like there's a size limit in grub loading kernel files, because
days ago when I added the bluetooth devices into XEN2_DOM0
I had this error too.

My workaround was to compress it with gzip, worked perfectly.

Hum, the issues I had was with loading smaller kernels, I think.
After repartitionning, with a small 8k/1k / partition I could load the
kernel.

Ok, I tried gzip-ing things.  This seemed to work for the rebuilt
stock XEN3_DOM0 kernel.  No change on anything else.

After some trial and tribulation, I converted my / partition to
ffsv1 with 8k block and 1k fragment sizes and reinstalled grub.
Still no change.

The NetBSD/xen kernels that boot successfully cause the following
message when trying to start a DomU:

    [Error 2] No such file or directory: "/kern/xen/balloon"

John D. Baker                            NetBSD     Darwin/MacOS X
http://mylinuxisp(dot)com/(tilde)jdbaker/     OpenBSD            FreeBSD
BSD.  It just sits there and _works_.
GPG fingerprint = D703 4A7E 479F 63F8 D3F4  BD99 9572 8F23 E4AD 1645