Re: HEAD UP acpi/mpbios/ioapic support commited

Hi Manuel,

On Wednesday 11 October 2006 19:05, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> > > How ?
> >
> > There wasn't any obvious error generated. A dd from a mounted NFS to a
> > local FS caused the NFS server to stop servicing _all_ requests. I
> > haven't had a chance to switch back to SMP and try and see if I can
> > generate an error yet, but I will let you know when I do.
>
> Is the NFS server on the same Xen hardware ? If not, I'm not sure we can
> blame Xen/SMP for this. If it's on the same Xen, please check if the
> network if completely dead, or if it's just NFS.

I've since had a chance to switch back to SMP and it appears my problem was
more than likely with the hungry memory usage of NFS. I don't know why it was
only prevalent under SMP but with additional RAM it is now OK (this is an
assumption, I did replace all Xen kernels while I had the system down so
maybe there was a cvs checkout that fixed it). The main thing is that it
doesn't seem to be a problem anymore.

I'm curious though, what are the typical or at least the highest transfer
speeds you would expect from one DOMU to another via NFS?

Anyone feel free to comment.

Sarton