Subject: Re: HEAD UP acpi/mpbios/ioapic support commited
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Sarton O'Brien <bsd-xen@roguewrt.org>
List: port-xen
Date: 10/19/2006 17:23:28
Hi Manuel,

On Wednesday 11 October 2006 19:05, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> > > How ?
> >
> > There wasn't any obvious error generated. A dd from a mounted NFS to a
> > local FS caused the NFS server to stop servicing _all_ requests. I
> > haven't had a chance to switch back to SMP and try and see if I can
> > generate an error yet, but I will let you know when I do.
>
> Is the NFS server on the same Xen hardware ? If not, I'm not sure we can
> blame Xen/SMP for this.=A0If it's on the same Xen, please check if the
> network if completely dead, or if it's just NFS.

I've since had a chance to switch back to SMP and it appears my problem was=
=20
more than likely with the hungry memory usage of NFS. I don't know why it w=
as=20
only prevalent under SMP but with additional RAM it is now OK (this is an=20
assumption, I did replace all Xen kernels while I had the system down so=20
maybe there was a cvs checkout that fixed it). The main thing is that it=20
doesn't seem to be a problem anymore.

I'm curious though, what are the typical or at least the highest transfer=20
speeds you would expect from one DOMU to another via NFS?

Anyone feel free to comment.

Sarton