Subject: Re: anyone using HMV domains?
To: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
From: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
List: port-xen
Date: 10/18/2006 08:44:39
--RDS4xtyBfx+7DiaI

On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 01:03:03AM -0400, Blair Sadewitz wrote:
> I acquired a VT-capable Pentium D CPU, and am wondering if this would
> allow me to run Windows XP
> in domU.  I noticed that M. Boyuer posted an attachment in a message
> to a list which contained the necessary additions to xentools30.  I'm
> simply wondering if I should bother wiping my amd64 installation to
> try this out.
>=20
> BTW, is it possible to give an HMV domain access to a PCI video card?

Not without Xen-aware drivers on the Windows side, which AFAIK only
exist in commercial Xen distributions for now (but last time I looked
at this was around June).

--=20
"You could have made it, spitting out benchmarks
Owe it to yourself not to fail"
Amplifico, Spitting Out Benchmarks, Hometakes Vol. 2, 2005.

--RDS4xtyBfx+7DiaI

--RDS4xtyBfx+7DiaI--