Re: Xen3 Install - NetBSD Wiki

On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 12:42:53AM +0200, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> There is no Xen2 Howto, just a Xen Howto.
> I agree that work needs/can be done to include Xen3 data.
> Would you be interested to submit some patches to
> htdocs/Ports/xen/howto.xml to have everything in one place?
> We'd appreciate it!

I would be interested, though I think the differences in
configuration of Xen2 and Xen3 may be too significant, in
that, trying to include all details in one howto may become
too cluttered.

When Xen3 is mature and is the NetBSD standard, creating a new
revision would be appropriate, but I think for now, a brief
document outlining a generic configuration maybe more beneficial.

This is just my oppinion. I created the wiki article to document
how I set up Xen so that other people may avoid scrounging for
information or asking a repeated question on the mailling list
that I have seen Manuel answer on more than one occaision.

Quite often it is something very small like dependancies,
configuration options (obsolete or otherwise) and boot options.
That is why I have been very brief on  the wiki and have not
attempted to create another howto.

When Xen3 is mature I would be happy to help.

Sarton