Re: build.sh and xen?

reed%reedmedia.net@localhost writes:

> How to build kernel modules for xen?
>
> Xen kernel is built with DEBUG and DIAGNOSTIC and the kernel modules are
> not so they conflict.
>
> So I want to build modules with those options. But I don't see any
> build.sh config for building just modules.

I think this is really a general problem of lkm vs kernel options and
not about xen, except that xen kenrels have DEBUG/DIAGNOSTIC set.

I added

CPPFLAGS+=      -DDIAGNOSTIC

to /usr/src/sys/lkm/Makefile.inc

and then build.sh builds lkms with DIAGNOSTIC.  Of course, they then
don't work with non-DIAGNOSTIC kernels.

I think what is needed is either

1) treat lkms needing a flag as a bug and fix them.  This is probably
   too hard.

2) Enumerate the n flags that matter in some config file, and build
   2^n flavors of lkms with build.sh, or perhaps just have a way to
   configure the requested sets.

3) Stop using lkms.

--
    Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost>