Subject: Re: Xen3 domain0 support is there !
To: None <port-xen@netbsd.org>
From: Florian Heigl <floh@deranfangvomen.de>
List: port-xen
Date: 07/03/2006 22:16:31
On Mon, Jul 03, 2006 at 08:37:25PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 03, 2006 at 01:13:56PM -0500, Jonathan A. Kollasch wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 03, 2006 at 12:05:54AM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> >=20
> > [snip]
> >=20
> > It booted almost fine on a dual Pentium Pro box I have, with the except=
ion
> > that the tlp card (which is sharing an interrupt with a uhci) errors ab=
out
> > "filter setup and transmit timeout", probably an interrupt issue.

=66rom experience: don't rely on irq sharing whereever an adaptec 7xxx or d=
ec
214xx chip is involved. instead remove the hardware in question and throw it
away as far as You can. Works best at Niagara falls, etc.

Really, change for an Intel or 3com adapter, and turn off apic, remove all =
irq
conflicts, then turn apic back on.
=20
> Yes the problems on SMP boxes are interrupt issues.

they are here to remind us that no matter what we achieve - in the end it w=
ill
still be a PC with too little interrupt lines and a not smp-ready timer.

Florian (depressed)

--=20

florian heigl			 http://deranfangvomen.de/

Grid Computing erfreut sich gerade bei Windows-Nutzern sehr regem Zuspruch,=
 auch
wenn die Rechnerbesitzer meist nichts von ihrem Gl=FCck wissen. --f. weimer