Subject: Re: High IRQ load in NetBSD DomainU
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Markus Kovero <markus.kovero@multiwise.fi>
List: port-xen
Date: 06/21/2006 13:51:57
Manuel Bouyer kirjoitti:
> On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 01:01:18PM +0300, Markus Kovero wrote:
>
>> Hi there, I've encoutered intresting problem. I'm running linux Domain0
>> and two NetBSD DomainU's. After upgrading to Xen3 there is constant high
>> IRQ load on both NetBSD domainU's which did not happen before. It causes
>> major slowdown on DomainU's
>>
>> http://staff.fiveam.org/mrtg/irq.html there you can see mrtg graph how
>> it peaked to over 8000 IRQ requests per second after upgrading to Xen3.
>> Loads are considerably high but CPU idle is 100%.
>> What might be causing this problem?
>>

> Could you try a current kernel ? I havn't had time to look at this but
> someone else reported here that current kernels don't have this issue.
> It's just as a data point, I'll try to get netbsd-3 fixed in not too long.

Okay, I tried current kernel and now network doesnt work.
doing just ifconfig -a gives this:

ifconfig: socket: No buffer space available

on:
NetBSD foo 3.99.21 NetBSD 3.99.21 (XEN3_U) #0: Fri Jun  9 01:12:44 UTC
2006
builds@b3.netbsd.org:/home/builds/ab/HEAD/i386/200606080000Z-obj/home/builds/ab/HEAD/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/XEN3_U
i386

sigh. :-P
Anyway, theres no high loads anymore but network connectivity would be cool.

Yours
Markus Kovero