Re: System hangs during daily jobs [RESOLVED]

Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> Hum. This reminds me of the "sleep forever" bug on sparc64. Can you try
> setting a breakpoint on softclock() and see if it gets called ?
> If not, try a breakpoint on hardclock()

Well, I'm happy (and somewhat embarrassed) to say that after pretty much
a full day of playing around with different configurations, I've pretty
well determined that the cause of the main problem I was having seems to
be an acute lack of RAM... In converting a machine with 1G of physical
RAM into a dom0 with significantly less, I neglected to remove this from
sysctl.conf:

kern.maxvnodes=250000

...and so the 'find' was causing a swapping-death-spiral.  I removed
this, and increased dom0's memory by 64M for good measure, and I can now
run the daily job from the commandline.  Here's hoping I can avoid the
overnight hang tonight.  :-}

Thanks for your help.

+j