Re: NetBSD fails after partitioning in XEN3

On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 11:48:35AM +0200, Adrian Gschwend wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I tried to install NetBSD in XEN3 today, install starts fine but it
> crashes after the partitioning.
>
> The problem seems to be known:
>
> http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2006-05/msg00569.html
>
> I tried the following builds:
>
> 200605200000Z
> 200606050000Z
>
> both with the same result. The build linked in the mail above is no
> longer available.

I have a dim recollection of 20060511 not barfing at that point.

Of note, if you do a linux fdisk against the file or LVM you're using
first, the netbsd-3 INSTALL-XEN3_U craps out a smidge later with a
different error.

When I use the HEAD kernel, I don't see the issue.

--
Chris Dukes
"The key to effective management is properly timed hovering."