Re: Domain 0 kernel, DAC960 and SMP

On Mon, May 29, 2006 at 08:39:25PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Sun, May 28, 2006 at 03:46:20PM -0600, Tillman Hodgson wrote:
> > > With Xen2, multiple CPUs can't be used by a single domain, but if you
> > > have multiple domains running, the hypervisor will schedule them on
> > > different CPUs.  The assignement is done on domain startup, you can't
> > > move a domain from one CPU to another once started.
> >
> > Does this demonstrate what you were saying?:
> >
> >  Name              Id  Mem(MB)  CPU  State  Time(s)  Console
> >  Domain-0           0       63    0  r----    297.1
> >  dom1               7      127    1  -b---     11.8    9607
>
> Yes.

Ok, I think I have the SMP part figured out and working then. Thanks for
your help :-)

I have multiple NICs in the box and want to allocate particular NICs to
particular doms. I haven't played much with bridging under NetBSD, and
I'm not to sure what the appropriate way to specify them for Xen is. My
bridge definition looks like this:

  vif = [ 'mac=00:90:26:a5:90:31, bridge=bridge0' ]

What's the proper value for the mac address? Should it be identical to
the mac for the NIC I want to use, or should it be unique?

-T

--
"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has
 genius, power, and magic in it."