Re: Syncing userland of XENUs with XEN0

Juan RP wrote:
On Fri, 26 May 2006 15:01:22 +0200
Marcin Jessa <lists%yazzy.org@localhost> wrote:

Hi guys.

I have a couple of XENUs running on vnode devices on a XEN0 system
which follows CURRENT.
It's pretty simple to update the XENU kernel as they reside on the XEN0
host's file system. However updating the base of XENUs is not that straight forward.
Do you have a tips, a trick how to simpliest do this kind of thing?

IIRC Johnny Lam (jlam@) made a paper talking about this. Take a look
at:

http://www.netbsd.org/gallery/presentations/jlam/xen.html

I keep meaning to create a new document showing exactly how to do the setup I describe. I've vastly improved the scripts that I use to setup and maintain my file-backed, shared-root Xen domU setup. Maybe I'll just write a HOW-TO document for the website, or post an email to this list.

        Cheers,

        -- Johnny Lam <jlam%pkgsrc.org@localhost>