Re: can ISA devices be used with XEN2?

On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 10:55:40PM +0200, Klaus Heinz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just tried to use a serial port on NetBSD 3.0 running as dom0 (XEN2)
> and did not succeed.
> The output of "dmesg" does not show any com attachment although at least
>
>   com1    at isa? port 0x2f8 irq 3
>
> is defined in the config file XEN0.
>
> The only trace of ISA devices I can see is this:
>
>   $ dmesg |fgrep isa
>   isa0 at pcib0
>   pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60-0x64
>
> This probably means that neither serial nor parallel devices on the ISA
> bus can be used.
> Am I missing something?

Most ISA devices should work on dom0; com ports definitively works.
com0 is not in the default config file, because when it's used as serial
console it's claimed by Xen, and trying to configure it in dom0 wedges
the whole system (but other com devices are available for dom0). If you're
using VGA console it should work.