Subject: Re: Syncing userland of XENUs with XEN0
To: None <port-xen@NetBSD.org>
From: Johnny Lam <jlam@pkgsrc.org>
List: port-xen
Date: 05/26/2006 13:54:25
Juan RP wrote:
> On Fri, 26 May 2006 15:01:22 +0200
> Marcin Jessa <lists@yazzy.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi guys.
>>
>> I have a couple of XENUs running on vnode devices on a XEN0 system
>> which follows CURRENT.
>> It's pretty simple to update the XENU kernel as they reside on the XEN0
>> host's file system.
>> However updating the base of XENUs is not that straight forward.
>> Do you have a tips, a trick how to simpliest do this kind of thing?
>
> IIRC Johnny Lam (jlam@) made a paper talking about this. Take a look
> at:
>
> http://www.netbsd.org/gallery/presentations/jlam/xen.html

I keep meaning to create a new document showing exactly how to do the
setup I describe.  I've vastly improved the scripts that I use to setup
and maintain my file-backed, shared-root Xen domU setup.  Maybe I'll
just write a HOW-TO document for the website, or post an email to this list.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@pkgsrc.org>