Re: Network trouble with bridges

On 14.05.2006, at 21:35, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

On Sun, May 14, 2006 at 09:03:42PM +0200, Andreas Neth wrote:

I'm running NetBSD 3.0 along with xen2, and today I ran into trouble
with my setup.

Up to now, I had dom0 export a disk via nfs to the domUs. I now
charged one of the domU's with being the nfs-server.
I have two bridges configured, bridge0 shares an external wm0 with
all domUs and bridge1 creates a private lan with dom0's tap0.

Is dom0's tap0 used for something ? You don't need to have an interface
belonging to dom0 for bridging domUs together.

tap0 is/was used for dhcpd

Traffic passing from other physical machines passes just fine to the
domU's, but anything between 2 domUs has a delay of about 20 seconds.
ICMP works, but does not even show the latency, instead reportint an
RTT of 0,4ms.
The delay even happens when pinging the domU by itself

You could run tcdump on dom0, to get more details on what's going on

I already did that. Apart from the delay (which does not happen always from every machine), I can't see anything unusual.

The packets for the nfs-mount also pass by just fine. (debug mount on the nfs-host also shows a successful mount)