Re: HEAD install kernel crashes

On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 10:33:07PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 07:49:21PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 10:28:22AM -0600, Nate Bohlmann wrote:
> > > No dice.  When I put the two disks on the same line as you show below, I
> > > get an
> > > Error: int argument required.  The system doesn't even boot.
> >
> > This is because xentools don't know about wd0 and maybe cd0.
> > You can use hd0 and hd1 instead, NetBSD doesn't use this parameter anyway
>
> I have to correct this: with Xen3 this is used as a config parameter
> (so that it can be wired down in kernel configs if needed)
> but it's wilcarded in the default kenrel configs.

I fixed this in current and requested a pullup for netbsd-3; however on
my system, when I configure a VBD backed by a removable device with no
media (tested cdrom and ZIP), this crashes the linux domain0 kernel.
Tested with both a netbsd and linux dom0, same result, I suspect
the crash happens before the guest domain's kernel is started