Subject: Re: panics with netbsd-INSTALL_XEN3_U
To: Dick Davies <rasputnik@gmail.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-xen
Date: 05/04/2006 00:28:19
On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 03:53:35PM +0100, Dick Davies wrote:
> Quick update:
>
> I've tried a physical (primary) partition, and I get exactly the same problem.
>
> No-one else seen this?

OK, I can reproduce this here, with a netbsd-3 install kernel but not with a
current install kernel. For me it seems to happen after writing the disklabel
so this may be related to disk I/O, maybe raw partition I/O. It looks like
a page table entry is corrupted, or was not updated properly (maybe the update
is still in the queue ?)

I tried a few different things, but without much success. Changes to
xbd_xenbus.c did give me different variants of the panic but the issue
remains. I did a diff of the pmap functions, and didn't find anything
obvious. Changes to some UVM and pmap interfaces may have hidden this.

I'll keep thinking about this. But any idea is welcome :)

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>