Re: Continuing problems with Dell PE 1550.

On Mon, Apr 17, 2006 at 09:39:51AM +0200, Lars-Johan Liman wrote:
> > At work 2 DELL servers have been ordered, with RAID adapters. If
> > we're luky that will be amr controllers, and I'll be able to debug
> > this locally.
>
> Ah. If you don't feel like waiting ... ;-) ... I'm quite willing to
> give you net access to the box. It's quite empty, and it has serial
> console to a box just next to it. Given previous experience of Dell,
> I'm also quite willing to believe that the design has changed 24 times
> since the days of my old 1550 as compared to anything you might have
> on order today. :-) The specs probably changed between the time you
> ordered it, and the day you actually get it delivered! :-) :-)

Yes, probably. On the other hand I'll only have dialup access for the next
2 week, so remote debugging won't be possible for this time. Hopefully
the new hardware will be there by the time I'm back at work. If my dell
system don't show the problem I'll be happy to debug this on your system :)