Plan9 Installation Difficulty

Hello,

I am trying to install a Plan9 domU.  I am running NetBSD -current and
Xen2.

Now, I understand this may be a question better directed at the Plan9
folks, but I see this comment in the config template:

#
# VDEV doesn't really matter for a NetBSD guest OS, but it does for
# Linux.
# Worse, the device has to exists in /dev/ of domain0, because xm will
# try to stat() it. This means that in order to load a Linux guest OS
# from a NetBSD domain0, you'll have to create /dev/hda1, /dev/hda2,
# ...
# on domain0, with the major/minor from Linux :(

And the boot hangs at:

#S/sd00/: part cdboot 187928 193688
#S/sd01/data: no partitions
root is from (local)[local]:
                             kfs...

That leads me to believe that I need to create /dev/sd00 and /dev/sd01
heirarchies.

Is this a fair assumption?  Has anyone done this and can lend some
advice?

Thank you.

Jeff