Subject: Re: NetBSD crashes when the disk is full
To: None <port-xen@netbsd.org>
From: Florian Heigl <floh@deranfangvomen.de>
List: port-xen
Date: 04/03/2006 14:38:53
Hi,

On Sun, Apr 02, 2006 at 10:58:31PM +0200, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 02, 2006 at 10:51:14PM +0200,
>  Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org> wrote=20
>  a message of 28 lines which said:
>=20
> > Did you have network activity going on while this happened ?=20
>=20
> I believe that pkgsrc was transferring a tarball, yes. Apart from
> that, very low activity, it is a test machine, not used for any real
> task.

I must admit I also encountered such panics in my domU a few times.
Unfortunately I was too lazy to do any debugging to the day.

In my case it was reproducable when running out of disk space during
pkgsrc bulk builds, and yes, there was some network activity at there
time of crashing. I think I had nfs-mounted pkgsrc with local workdirs.

Florian

--=20

florian heigl			 http://deranfangvomen.de/

Grid Computing erfreut sich gerade bei Windows-Nutzern sehr regem Zuspruch,=
 auch
wenn die Rechnerbesitzer meist nichts von ihrem Gl=FCck wissen. --f. weimer