Subject: xend not starting anymore
To: None <port-xen@netbsd.org>
From: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@telenet.be>
List: port-xen
Date: 03/15/2006 13:23:21
Hi,

I've had this a few times already now, so I'm starting to think it's a bug:

I have a machine running Xen 2.0.7, with NetBSD 3.0 as the dom0, plus a few
more domU's.  After playing around with the xm command a bit (list,
console, pause, unpause, ...), the xend sometimes crashes, and I cannot
start it anymore, unless I reboot the machine.  Either the rc.d script or
"xend start" start only the xen transfer daemon (xfrd).  /var/log/xend.log
says "Xend Daemon started" each time, and /var/log/xend-debug.log is not
touched.  Any clue what could cause this, and how I can start the xend
again without rebooting the whole machine?  (both the dom0 and the domU's
are still running fine.)

	Geert