Re: domU network configuration in xen config file

Geert Hendrickx schrieb:

On Mon, Mar 13, 2006 at 07:46:05AM +0100, Dirk H. Schulz wrote:
As far as I know a Linux domU does NOT use these values. They are meant
for something different: If you have an IP address in your domU config
AND you have configured xen with "antispoof=yes", then packets are
bridged only from this ip address.
You can still setup up the domU with a different ip address internally,
then, but if you do it does not have network connectivity.

In my experience the Linux domU does use it.  I installed a Gentoo stage3
image, without modifying anything but /etc/fstab, and booted it with a
Linux domU kernel from the Xen distribution.  It used the network
configuration from the Xen config file right out of the box.
Are we talking about xen  2.0.x or 3.0.x?

Dirk