Subject: Re: domU network configuration in xen config file
To: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@telenet.be>
From: michael <lists@genoverly.net>
List: port-xen
Date: 03/11/2006 11:13:13
On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 16:14:15 +0100
Geert Hendrickx <ghen@telenet.be> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> it is possible to specify an unprivileged domain's network
> configuration in its Xen config file, with the "ip", "netmask",
> "gateway", "hostname" and/or "dhcp" config parameters.  Linux domU's
> respect these parameters and use it when booted, but NetBSD doesn't
> seem to.   Is it possible to implement this for NetBSD, too?  I guess
> these parameters are somehow passed to the kernel when loaded, but I
> don't know how.
>
> 	Geert

I'm not sure about the domU.conf file but.. one way is on the dhcp
server; based on the mac address in each domU.conf file.  NetBSD domU
respect these parameters, even the hostname.

dhcpd.conf snip:

host xen.dom1 {
  option host-name "xen-dom1";
  hardware ethernet aa:00:00:50:02:f1;
  fixed-address 192.168.0.31;
  option domain-name-servers 192.168.0.1 ;
  option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0;
  option routers 192.168.0.1;
}
host xen.dom2 {
  option host-name "xen-dom2";
  hardware ethernet aa:00:00:50:02:f2;
  fixed-address 192.168.0.32;
  option domain-name-servers 192.168.0.1 ;
  option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0;
  option routers 192.168.0.1;
}
host xen.dom3 {