Subject: Re: installing into RAID-1: HOWTO and example
To: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-xen
Date: 03/02/2006 23:13:51
On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 08:45:58PM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
> [...]
> Intel 915 chipset with 4GB RAM
>
> BIOS set to limit VGA memory reservation to smallest values
> need to investigate why 768 is reserved (pci hole?) after xen

Yes, this is the PCI hole. I've got the same issue with a i945.
Despite the claim that the motherboard "supports" 4Gb and using a EM64T CPU,
768M were stolen for PCI. By playing with BIOS options, disabling all unused
devices I trimmed this down to ~600M.

In order to really use 4GB you need a i955X chipset.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>