Subject: Re: Xen-3.0
To: haad <haaaad@gmail.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-xen
Date: 12/14/2005 21:57:55
On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 12:02:34PM +0100, haad wrote:

> > I'm definitively interested in it, but won't work on it before january at
> > best. It will be for current, with maybe minimal backport to 3.0.
> >
> > The most difficult part will be SMP I guess, but we don't need to have it
> > at first.
> >
> OK can I help you with this porting ?? I am only kernel beginner but I
> want learn very much about xen & netbsd.

I think the first thing would be to get a NetBSD domU working with a
Xen3 linux dom0. This shouldn't be hard, and there may already be sources
available in the Xen repository.
Then it would be getting a NetBSD XEN0 kernel working with Xen3. Shouldn't
be too hard either (maybe easier than the first step).
Last you'll need to update the backend drivers (the way to loan memory
pages between domains has changed) and kernel support for the xentools
(converting the kernel to the new scheme, I don't remember the name)
and of course porting xentools30 to NetBSD.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>