Re: ok to remove DDB_ONPANIC=1 from XEN{0,U}?

On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 11:30:28AM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
> After splitting GENERIC.local/INSTALL.local, I'm going over my configs
> and putting what I want (IPSEC, stf(4)) in GENERIC.local.   I found
> that I also had disabled DDB_ONPANIC, and think this doesn't belong in
> XEN's GENERIC equivalent since it is unsuitable for production.  Any
> objections to committing the following?

While it may be unsuitable for production, there is precedence for
having DDB_ONPANIC set in GENERIC. All archs I know about (alpha, i386,
macppc) have it set by default. Not having it set makes postmortem
debugging nearly impossible. IMHO this should be unset by sysctl after
boot if desired.

        Jonathan Kollasch