Re: Disk performance hit with Dom0 vs native?

Manuel Bouyer wrote:
On Thu, Nov 17, 2005 at 03:56:36PM +0000, Stephen Borrill wrote:

However, there's xentools20-2.0.7 available as a binary package for 2.0, so I'm confused. Perhaps some explanation should be added to the (excellent) HOW-TO?

Ha, that's a mistake. The package's Makefile doesn't check the NetBSD
version, and xentools20 doens't need anything but python to
build, so it can be build on any NetBSD version supporting python.
But it won't be usefull on anything not i386, and anything < 3.0_BETA.

Well, the xentools20 package installs the "xm" python script, which *can* be used to remotely control a xend process on another machine, so I think it's appropriate to build on NetBSD 2.0.

        Cheers,

        -- Johnny Lam <jlam%pkgsrc.org@localhost>