compiling LKMs for a Xen host

I've finally tracked down the problem I had the other day loading an LKM
of a driver for a PCI device - the LKM was, of course, compiled for an
i386, while I was loading it in a Xen domU, so I was running up against
the fact that pci_intr_handle_t is a struct (not an int) when running
under Xen.

*Now*, however, my problem is that I'm having a hard time figuring out
the magic incantation to build the LKM for a Xen host.  (it's from
pkgsrc, if anyone's interested - comms/zaptel-netbsd)  I've tried a
bunch of stuff, but I guess I don't understand the LKM framework or the
Xen kernel build Special Magick well enough...  Suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
+j