Re: xen pkgsrc bits

On Fri, Nov 11, 2005 at 05:36:44PM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
> Should xenkernel be ONLY_FOR_ARCH and/or ONLY_FOR_PLATFORM?  It seems
> it should go in libdata, or share/x86_32 (not really share, but if
> it's to be usable on any arch that would make sense).  Having
> /usr/pkg/xen-kernel feels like namespace pollution.

At the time of installation, the xen.gz file is not executed. It
could be mounted via NFS, or placed in a chroot or copied to a
vnd file mounted by some other means. Making it ONLY_FOR_PLATFORM
does not make sense. We got rid of ONLY_FOR_ARCH years ago.

I don't see any reason to place it anywhere else. Putting it in
share is not right for me, and libdata seemed worse than its
current position.

> It might be nice to have a metapackage that requires xenkernel20 and
> xentools20 and grub.  xen20?  Perhaps this is unwarranted.

I don't see what it would gain us by having a meta-package.

Regards,
Alistair