Subject: Re: cgd-on-vnd results on Xen
To: Chris Brookes <cbrookes@gmail.com>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: port-xen
Date: 11/02/2005 08:19:32
On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 05:37:56PM -0600, Chris Brookes wrote:

> Ooooh. I'm trying to do exactly the same thing: install grub on a
> RAID-1 system. (twe driver, and the disk appears as ld0) and it's not
> playing ball. What changes did you make to grub? Anything extensive?
> Do you have patches available?

No changes are required.  You can't use grub's usual macros for installing
the bootblocks, you must tell grub where to put what by hand.  I explained
exactly how in a message to this list some months ago.

Yes, it's bogus that grub refuses to install onto "hd0" if it sees raid0
or the like as the system root filesystem.

"The inconsistency is startling, though admittedly, if consistency is to be
 abandoned or transcended, there is no problem."		- Noam Chomsky