Re: dom0/domU bridging - don't get it to work

After some time, I've been finally able to continue on setting up
this...

On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 10:37:59PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 01:30:53AM +0200, Florian Heigl wrote:
[...cut a bit out...]
> > the later is not in state 'UP', but manually changing this state
> > made no difference as far as I can tell.
>
> Is the domU's xvif added to the bridge ? check with brconfig.

right, this wasn't properly configured, with Your script it seems ok.

xen-host-2# brconfig -a
bridge0: flags=0<>
        Configuration:
                priority 32768 hellotime 2 fwddelay 15 maxage 20
                ipfilter disabled flags 0x0
        Interfaces:
                xvif2.0 flags=3<LEARNING,DISCOVER>
                        port 4 priority 128
        Address cache (max cache: 100, timeout: 1200):

I can now see the domU pinging when I run tcpdump on xvif2.0,
and after some time I also noticed that the bridge wasn't UP

xen-host-2# brconfig -a
bridge0: flags=41<UP,RUNNING>
        Configuration:
                priority 32768 hellotime 2 fwddelay 15 maxage 20
                ipfilter disabled flags 0x0

unfortunately this still doesn't give me brigding to the 'real' ethernet.
I'll try to dig down into this using a host-local bridge.

> Here is my xen/scripts/vif-bridge:

yes, this solved 90% :)

Do You happen to also use a customized version of pkg/etc/xen/network?
because there I still see calls of linux' brctl which turn up in xend-debug.log:

(for reference: my interface line is only
vif = [ 'mac=aa:00:00:xx:xx:xx, bridge=bridge0' ] )

xen-host-2# cat xend-debug.log
network start bridge=xen-br0 netdev=eth0 antispoof=no
[: ==: unexpected operator
brctl: not found
brctl: not found

 - I'm not sure if this is of any relevance, but trust me, I'd be glad
if it were easy to fix ;)

Florian