Re: dom0/domU bridging - don't get it to work

On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 01:30:53AM +0200, Florian Heigl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't want to waste anyone's time, but I just don't get this to work.
>
> I'm running xen-2.0.7 on what I think is the most current snapshot of
> 3_BETA (NetBSD 3.0_BETA (XEN0) #0: Sat Aug 13 13:50:25), and my dom0
> luckily is running fine, with X and everything I could wish for.
>
> I'm trying to run another NetBSD in the first domU; after problems
> using a file backend I've simply plugged in an USB stick. It's too
> small for any real work of course, but OK for testing.

On a tangential note:

I had to severely hack block-file and vif-bridge in order for them to
work properly, the supplied versions seem to assume that they're running on a
linux machine. I'm sure others have done similar, but perhaps someone will
find mine useful. They're at:

http://ceri.storey.name/2005/09/12/NetBSD-xen/
--
Ceri Storey <cez%necrofish.org.uk@localhost>