Subject: few questions
To: None <port-xen@netbsd.org>
From: Piotr Stolc <socrtp@soclab.eu.org>
List: port-xen
Date: 08/30/2005 02:26:45
hi,
I'm experimenting with Xen with NetBSD 3.0 BETA as dom0 and Linux 2.6 domU
(and in near future another NetBSD as domU).
And my problem/questions are:

Do we have any rc script for starting/stopping domains and any queueing
mechanism for it? I start Linux from rc.local with 'xm create', but I don't
even want to imagine what will happen if I start several domains at once
(especially after crash when fsck will scan the disk). I want to start first
system and after it fscks partitions and starts some important daemons (like
DNS) I want to start another system.
The second problem is with shutting down the system. when I use 'xm
shutdown'
command the Linux shutdowns cleanly. but when I shutdown/halt the dom0 it
just kills xend, and the domU system doesn't shutdown cleanly.

btw,
I modified vif-bridge script to automatically start bridge after starting
domU system. The vif config lines should look like this:

vif = [ 'mac=00:10:20:de:b1:41, bridge=bridge0@fxp0', \
        'mac=01:02:03:04:05:06, bridge=bridge1@ne0' ]

Unfortunately it needs bash and it's arrays ('declare -a'). Here it is:
http://lysergic.soclab.eu.org/vif-bridge

--

s.