Re: RAIDframe for dom0?

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005, TLorD wrote:

Greg Troxel wrote:
I would like to set up a machine with NetBSD/Xen and RAID-1 (on 2
identical disks).  Ideally, I'd like to be able to boot off a RAID-1
root, with xen and netbsd-XEN0 both on that filesystem, with boot
blocks on the other disk that can boot off the second disk.

I think you could solve your issues by creating a small (about 20mb) wd0a
partition, placing grub + netbsd kernel + a couple of files and then boot from
that partition.
The rest of the disk would then go to raid0.
Just mount raid0a as / and you should be done.

        You may also be able to setup another partition offset 64 sectors
        from the start of the raid partition and tell grub to boot that.