Re: How to use a file system image for Linux DomU ?

Le Wednesday 3 August 2005 12:54, Manuel Bouyer a écrit :
> On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 07:22:26PM +0200, Thierry Herbelot wrote:
>
> I admit I never tried to start a linux-2.4.x kernel from NetBSD dom0.
> linux-2.6.x works fine for me.

it works, at least on "physical-disk" configurations (will check on vn0d
domains)

> OK, this is known problem with the NetBSD xbd backend, which should be
> fixed now. Try to update to a more recent NetBSD kernel (newer than 07/19
> on current).

indeed, I just checked with the Xen0 kernel from the 200508030000Z snapshot
(as I only changed the kernel without upgrading the userland, I'm a bit
worried about incompatibilities ? is it a "normal" way to run a NetBSD
machine ?)

I'm getting some error messages on the serial console :
xbdback: domain 2 sending excessively fragmented I/O

Is this something to be afraid of ?

        Cheers

        TfH