Re: Hanging consoles

Manuel Bouyer wrote:
On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 08:23:23AM +0300, Martti Kuparinen wrote:

Manuel Bouyer wrote:

It seems like some (so far 3 of 10) of my "xm create foo -c" hang
(=no more input or output) while I'm running 10 domUs at the same
time. Could this be a bug in xentools 2.0.3 which is already fixed
in 2.0.5?

Did you try exiting the console (^]) and connecting again using
xm console <dmname> ?

Yes of course but "xm console name" results "connection refused"
(I don't remember the exact message).

One interesting note: I started 20 VMs without console and
when all VMs were running I started to connect to the consoles
with "xm console name". I connected to all consoles (I had 20 open
xterms) and wierd things started to happen for consoles 11-20.
Some got timeout and some did nothing. I then started to shutdown
few first VMs by running "halt -p" inside the VM. Soon some of
the still "hanging" consoles got a connection and I got a
normal login prompt. Really weird...

Martti