Subject: Re: Midnight crashes
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Marcello Balduccini <marcello.balduccini@ttu.edu>
List: port-xen
Date: 04/18/2005 22:33:25

>> > Hum, please update your domU kernel to the last 3.0_BETA sources.
>> > YAMAMOTO Takashi fixed an issue with pool corruption in xennet a few days
>> > ago, it has been pulled up to the 3.0 branch yesterday.
>>
>> Interesting: I checked out the sources via cvs, compiled the new kernel and
>> rebooted the system. uname -r says 3.99.3 rather than 3.0_BETA. Am I missing
>> something?
>
> Yes, '-r netbsd-3' argument to CVS :)
> but 3.99.3 should work too, and has some additionnal fixes.
> Long term, it may be better to stay on the netbsd-3 branch is this is
> intended
> to be a production system, though.

Is it possible that netbsd-3 is currently broken? I updated my cvs tree
with -r
netbsd-3 a few minutes ago, then ran "config XENU; cd ../compile/XENU ; make
depend" (as usual), but I got the following error:

[...]
mkdir xen-ma
ln -s ../i386 xen-ma/machine
depending the kern library objects
depending the compat library objects
make: don't know how to make machine/intrdefs.h. Stop

make: stopped in /usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/XENU

Creating a link from sys/arch/i386/include/intrdefs.h to sys/arch/xen/include/
fixed the problem with "make depend", but during "make", I got another error:

[...]
mkdir xen-ma
ln -s ../i386 xen-ma/machine
making sure the compat library is up to date...
make: don't know how to make ../../../../../../sys/selinfo.h. Stop

make: stopped in /usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/XENU/lib/compat
*** Error code 2

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/XENU

This time, selinfo.h appears to be completely missing from the src/sys tree.

Oh, I guess for tonight I'll just stay with 3.99.3. :)

Thanks for your help,
Marcello