Re: Xen 2.0 xennet_watchdog

On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 10:25:08AM +0200, Florian Heigl wrote:
> hi,
>
> I just wanted to inform You that I had the pleasure of meeting
> the xennet_watchdog error during install.
>
> hard disk is sliced and partioned, the error occurs when trying to
> DHCPdiscover on the xm virtual interface. I'm not sure if the bridging
> is properly set up by me, but still the panicking is annoying :)
>
> I'm using netbsd-INSTALL_XENU from
>
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/i386/snapshot/20050408-3.0_BETA/binary/kernel/
> on Xen 2.0.4 (on a Linux host - see below for more specific data)
>
> hmmm - I'd be very happy for some pointers, i.e. that this will be
> resolved if I upgrade the Xen version I use. :)

Probably not. This panic indicates that the xennet backed (on your linux host)
failed to handle the packet in less than 5s. This should probably not happen.
Is the corresponding interface on the linux host up ?

> i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
>
> 'netbsd.small' config file...:
> kernel  = "/export/data/xen/dom2/netbsd-INSTALL_XENU"
> cpu     = -1
> memory  = 64
> name    = "netbsd"
> nics    = 1
> vif     = [ 'mac=FE:FD:00:DE:AD:19' ]

Maybe you need a bridge= here too ? I'm not sure if the interface is
automatically added to a bridge if not specified.