Subject: Re: Crash with vnd
To: Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@iki.fi>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-xen
Date: 04/11/2005 16:23:00
On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 05:14:02PM +0300, Martti Kuparinen wrote:
> Manuel Bouyer wrote:
>
> >>This is what I'd like to be able to do:
> >>
> >>- 20 VMs (128-256 MB for each VM)
> >>- 8 xennet per VM
> >>- 2 xbd per VM
> >

> >That is 176 interrupts only for the VMs. Just adding a second 32bit word
> >for
> >interrupts ins't enouth for such a case.
>
> I know nothing about these interrupts but would it be possible to put
> the upper limit to be something "big enough" like 256 or 512? That
> should be enough for everybody (words I've heard before :-)

xen itself allows up to 1024 events. The best would be to have that many
interrupts, and map events to interrupts 1 to 1, or get rid of inetrrupts
completely and use the event bitmask directly.
But this needs some carefull though. Short term, it's probably easier to use
interrupt sharing.
I'll try to come with a solution in the week.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>