Subject: Re: Crash with vnd
To: None <port-xen@NetBSD.org>
From: Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@iki.fi>
List: port-xen
Date: 04/08/2005 15:41:45
Martti Kuparinen wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I get a kernel panic when starting the 7th virtual machine using
> vnd7d as the disk (my script leaves vnd0 unused for now). Is
> anyone else having problems with xen when using many vnd devices?
>
> I'm running 3.0_BETA as my dom0 (updated today).

And before anyone asks, yes I do have the device nodes in /dev (created
for each vndX with "sh MAKEDEV vndX" ) and the XEN0 config has been
modified to support 50 vnd devices).

This is the script I'm using to lauch all VMs:

#!/bin/sh

if [ $# -eq 0 ]; then
     echo "Usage: `basename $0` vmid [-c]"
     exit 1
fi

ID=${1}
shift
DEV=`vnconfig -l | grep vnd${ID}: | grep -v "not in use"`
if [ ! -z ${DEV} ]; then
     echo "vnd${ID} already in use"
     exit 1
fi