Subject: Re: netstat(1) and vmstat(1) in domU
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
From: Christian Limpach <Christian.Limpach@cl.cam.ac.uk>
List: port-xen
Date: 04/01/2005 18:05:53
From: "Jason Thorpe" <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
> On Apr 1, 2005, at 8:38 AM, Juan RP wrote:
>
>> Is still necessary to copy the kernel when ksyms is built in the  kernel?
>
> No, assuming that the boot loader loads the symbols.  If the boot  loader
> does not, you can use SYMTAB_SPACE in the kernel config file  to allocate
> space in the kernel, and modify the kernel Makefile to  inject the symbols
> into that space (several embedded system platforms  do this already).

I added support for loading a (Net?)BSD symbol table to the userspace domain
builder.  The domain0 builder doesn't support it yet, it shouldn't be to
hard to add -- see code which mentions "symtab" in
tools/libxc/xc_linux_build.c and add it to xen/arch/x86/domain_build.c and
xen/common/elf.c.

    christian