Re: netbsd as a non-domain0 os : init problem

So : I'm thinking that the kernel isn't the problem and that it might
come from the config file and more precisely the disks. I'm using ext2
formated diskfiles. I've extracted the base and etc i386 sets in the
root diskfile, also tried with xen-i386 sets from xen website.

question : any idea of what's the problem ? is it because I'm using
diskfiles and not partitions ? or is it a kernel problem ?

Yes, you're missing a NetBSD disklabel on your disks/images. It should work if you specify the raw partition as the root device, i.e.
extra = "bootdev=xbd0d"

Btw, the kernel config file you used doesn't seem to have the wd/sd identities for the block devices enabled? Your exported disks would otherwise appear as sd0 and sd1 and not xbd0 and xbd1 and the bootdev argument would be sd0d...

   christian

xbd0 at hypervisor0: Xen Virtual Block Device 2048 MB
xbd1 at hypervisor0: Xen Virtual Block Device 256 MB
boot device: xbd0
root on xbd0a dumps on xbd0b
mountroot: trying nfs...
mountroot: trying ext2fs...