Subject: help with assembly (2)
To: None <port-xen@netbsd.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-xen
Date: 01/20/2005 20:52:00
Hi,
Again I'm stuck with some assembly code (I don't know much about i386 assembly,
and I've never mixed assembly and C). I have this code in xen/i386/vector.S:
#define hypervisor_asm_unmask(num)                      \
        movl    irq_to_evtchn + (num) * 4,%ecx          ;\
	movl    HYPERVISOR_shared_info,%eax             ;\
	lock                                            ;\
	btrl    %ecx,EVENTS_MASK(%eax)
(BTW, what does the "lock" instruction ?)
I need to add a call to this C function at the end of this asm
statement:
	pirq_notify(num)
num being a constant. The prototype for the function is:
void pirq_notify(int irq);

I tried
	        pushl   $(num)                                  ;\
		call    _C_LABEL(pirq_notify)
but I get a page fault trap at the first call, with something that doesn't
make much sense on the stack. So I guess I missed something, but I don't
know what ... I assume registers are callee-saved, but maybe I'm wrong
on this.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>