Subject: Re: xen to replace vmware
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Dick Davies <rasputnik@hellooperator.net>
List: port-xen
Date: 09/29/2004 13:35:49
* Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de> [0910 13:10]:
> On Wed, 29 Sep 2004, Dick Davies wrote:
> >only if you sign your life away (theres' no publically available windows
> >port
> >to xen ).
>
> What is the procedure to get Windows/xen?
> Where do I have to sign, what do I have to pay, ...?

You take a silver dollar down to the crossroads and wait till midnight ?

The 2.0 readme ( http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/xen/readmes/README ) says:

"The Windows XP port is nearly finished. It's running user space
applications and is generally in pretty good shape thanks to some hard
work by a team over the summer.  Of course, there are issues with
releasing this code to others.  We should be able to release the
source and binaries to anyone that has signed the Microsoft academic
source license, which these days has very reasonable terms. We are in
discussions with Microsoft about the possibility of being able to make
binary releases to a larger user community. Obviously, there are
issues with product activation in this environment which need to be
thought through."

Gotta be worth a mail to the xen list about (unless you want the blues, of course).

--
The older I grow the more I distrust the familiar doctrine that age
brings wisdom.